Hardings Pharmacy Vaccination Service
2018 QUADRIVALENT FLU VACCINE COMING SOON!
- Worried about getting the flu?
- Too busy to get to the doctors for your annual influenza vaccine?
- Dislike waiting around doctors waiting rooms with other sick people?
- Can’t get a doctors appointment to suit your schedule?
Conducted in-store with our qualified pharmacist vaccinators.
NO PRESCRIPTION REQUIRED
Vaccinations take approximately 15 minutes and includes a one-on-one consultation with one of our qualified vaccinators, a pre-screening health and allergy check and a post vaccination observation period
*Age restrictions do apply – you must be over 18 to receive the flu vaccination at Harding’s Pharmacy. Some patients may be eligible for the free flu vaccination provided by the National Immunisation. Program – please speak to your GP or pharmacist for more information.
We are also able to provide Whooping Cough and MMR vaccinations.
Annerley & Murrumba Downs residents now have increased accessibility to local immunisation services, with Hardings Pharmacies delivering pharmacist-administered vaccinations against three highly-contagious diseases – influenza, measles and whooping cough.
- Influenza – Each year thousands of Queenslanders are hospitalised with the influenza virus, commonly known as “the flu”. As per Queensland Health guidelines, vaccination against influenza is required annually, as the vaccine changes each year to cover the expected disease strains.
- Measles – Approximately one third of adults who contract measles need to be hospitalised. A booster is recommended for all adults born during or since 1966, unless you have evidence of having already received two doses of the MMR vaccine. This is especially important for healthcare workers, people who work with children and those looking to travel overseas.
- Whooping Cough – Whooping cough immunisation in adults protects vulnerable infants from contracting the potentially life-threatening illness. There is no cure and the illness results in death for one in every 200 babies who contract it. As per Queensland Health guidelines, a whooping cough (pertussis) booster dose is strongly recommended for males and females planning a pregnancy, people working with, living with or caring for babies under six months and any other adults who want to reduce the risk of infection and haven’t had a previous booster in the last ten years.
Boosting immunisation rates
As the community’s most accessible and frequently used health care providers, pharmacists have a unique opportunity to boost immunisation rates.
If you would like to find out more about being immunised, or to book an appointment, please contact us.